A Spring Season Unlike Any Other
Life has changed for all of us in very deep ways. Living through a pandemic, loss, mental exhaustion, climate change, political division, insurrection, and even the threat of a third world war. This all impacts our health and well-being. Unlike any other time in our lives, this is the perfect time to embrace the natural cycle of life. Nature is providing us with the Feng Shui energies of Spring, which represent renewal, rebirth, and the opportunity to start a new chapter. Bring it on!!
“Spring brings with it, the energy of rebirth.” -Debra Duneier
Here are some tips to help you boost the Wood energies of spring, giving you the clean slate and “good vibes” needed to create the life that you desire moving forward:
1) Green plants are multi-functional. Restful for the eyes, green plants purify the air through the tiny pores in their leaves that act as air filters and bring to your interiors the Wood energy of Spring! It brings good fortune too, so even if you are living in a studio apartment, find room for an indoor plant.
2) Revive your space with a coat of fresh paint. Imitate the colors that you find in nature to help reduce stress. Choose from a wide variety of No-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) paints to keep your home free of unnecessary toxins and off-gassing. Healthier you, healthier planet too.
3) Get your hands dirty! Global Wellness 2022 Trends Report states: “For 99% of human evolution, people lived deep in soil, as foragers and farmers. Now we’re soil-deprived, no longer bathing in that bacterial and fungal richness—an issue because mounting research indicates that soil exposure has an eye-opening impact on everything from immune to mental health.” Grow a herb and vegetable garden. If you don’t have a backyard or community farm, pot them in organic soil and place near your window. They smell and taste great, while they nourish and heal you in mysterious ways.
4) Spring is the season to clean-up and clear-out your clutter. A noteworthy Feng Shui principle is that clutter is merely a reflection of what is going on in your life and your body. Spring is the perfect time to make room for the spring Chi of rejuvenation to enter and flow through your interior spaces. I find the best way to achieve an uncluttered, clean, and organized space is to plan a dinner party. With the party date in mind, cleaning can be a fun and effective project with anticipation of the upcoming event. Donate, recycle, and remember to use eco-friendly cleaning products for better health and the health of our planet!
5) It is the season of new beginnings, so burn some sage, and in a circular motion, let the smoke cleanse the energy in your space. When “Smudging,” be sure to get the smoke into the hard-to-get-to corners and dark areas. When finished, open the doors and windows to let the stale chi energy of winter out and let in the new revitalizing chi of spring.
Change is never easy, but it is part of the cycle of life, and this spring season will be unlike any other. Wishing you an easy transition into the season of new beginnings.