Oncology Skin Health Program For Beauty Professionals
Students will know the evidence-based guidelines for delivering a facial or prescribing skin health home care for an individual in cancer treatment, recovering from treatment, or survivorship.
Students will be proficient in knowing how to provide anticipatory guidance and evidence-based practices to help an individual prepare for and manage skin health issues during cancer treatment.
Students will gain confidence in responding to an individual’s body image issues and associated quality of life concerns.
Students will be able to facilitate an interactive oncology skin health workshop at the spa or medical facility.
- Overview of cancer
- Cancer treatments and common side effects
- Psychosocial effects - body image and appearance issues
- Common skin side effects
- Skin conditions related to nutritional deficiencies, additional medication, stress, and lack of sleep
- Facial adaptations for clients at-risk of lymphedema
- Review foundations of oncology
- Guidelines for prevention and managing specific skin conditions
- Guidelines for additional aesthetic practices (e.g., waxing, LED)
- Client consultation
- Hands-on facial with adaptations for risk of lymphedema
- Scalp massage
- Communication strategies
- Practicum examination
- Guidelines and practice teaching a community skin health course
- An Immunocologie Product Kit to use for 3-4 facials or to give to a cancer survivor in your community
- Community Oncology Skin Health Educator Certification
- Oncology Skin Health Certification
OUR GIVE BACK- SHARE TO CARE
Our give back is 1:1 for each participant we will donate 1 Immunocologie Skin Health Kit to an individual touched by cancer.